Danny Sterling was born and raised in Noble, Oklahoma, where his family owned a dairy farm. He attended Noble Public Schools and graduated from Oklahoma State University (1978) in the top ten percent. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Agriculture Education from OSU.
He began his teaching career at Tecumseh Public Schools, where he taught Agriculture Education and served as Assistant Principal and Principal at Tecumseh High School. Danny’s education career at Tecumseh has encompassed a total of 40 years.
Some of Danny’s accomplishments, activities and awards include:
- President’s Honor Roll, Dean’s Honor Roll, Alpha Zeta, Phi Kappa Phi at Oklahoma State University
- Served 17 years as Co-Director/Manager of Central District Livestock Show, Shawnee
- Served 6 years on the Oklahoma Agriculture Education Teachers Association Board of Directors including terms as District Vice President, State Secretary and State President
- Member, Pottawatomie County Fair Board
- Member, Shawnee Agri-Business Task Force
Danny and wife, Jenna have four grown sons, and four grandchildren. They are members of Faith Christian Church where Danny serves on the leadership team.
Danny Sterling believes in the strength and resilience of the people of Oklahoma and this district. He knows firsthand the importance of our public education system in developing successful and productive citizens for our future. All of us must work together to ensure that necessary resources are provided for our students to be equipped for the future.
Danny will work tirelessly to help revitalize the economy and prosperity of our rural communities. Pro-Life, Pro-Business, Pro-Agriculture and Pro-2nd Amendment, he will be our strong, conservative voice at the State Capitol.